Friday 27 April 2012

The Revolutionary Ozaki IC502 Slim-Y+ Case for the Remarkable New Apple iPad.


f you love your iPad a much as me you’ll want to give it the very best case, to keep it in it’s very best sleek and shiny apple-y condition.

This will be the third case to grace my iPad since I’ve had it, but the Ozaki Slim-Y+ adds an air of playfulness that my other cases never did. Don’t get me wrong I love the amazing protection that my iFrogz Summit case gives me and the stylish understated-ness of my Macally Bookstand, but there really is no beating the Ozaki Slim-Y+ for fun, functionality and a fashionable look.



Before we go on I feel I should say that I’ve got an iPad 2, and while the Ozaki Slim-Y+ is designed for the New iPad, it fits my older model just a snugly as if it were made for it; which is somewhat of an achievement. The New iPad may only be a few millimetres thicker than the iPad 2, but in the precision fit world of smartphone and tablet cases a few millimetres might as well be a few meters, for the difference it makes to a cases ability to be useable on multiple devices. So Ozaki have really pulled something out of the bag by producing a snap on back case that’ll fit both the New iPad and her older sister the iPad 2.

It’s a flip case which means that both the front and back are protected at the same time, no need for a screen protector; although if you’re as clumsy as me you’ll have one anyway just for the piece of mind. It’s a smart case, which is a must for the lazy among us. And it’s got cut outs for all the important ports and button.



I’ll agree there’s nothing really remarkable in that list that justifies the price tag, but the Ozaki Slim-Y+ didn’t win a Red Dot design award for nothing.

It’s the Slim-Y+ multi-angle stand that’s really something. Now don’t get me wrong when I say multi-angle, I don’t just mean you can chose between a fixed-angle horizontal or vertical position. Not only does the Slim-Y+ front cover fold back like all traditional integrated stand folio cases but it also fold triangularly. Which is by far more fun to use and better looking than a traditional stand, but there’s no point having a stand case because it fun and looks good you have it because its practical. I’m guessing I’m not the only one that’s ever been frustrated by the flimsiness of the stand functions of some iPad smart covers out there. You put the slightest pressure on them and the stand slides completely out and your left with your iPad lying flat on the table and an angle that is completely un-conducive to typing or watching video. Well the Slim-Y+’s revolutionary triangular stand function gets rid of that frustration. Currently I’ve got my iPad stood up with the Ozaki Slim-Y+ case folded up in a triangle behind it on a Dave laptop table that I bought from Ikea, pushing my palm against my iPad2  in a gesture that could hardly be called timid, the Slim-Y+ more that stands up to the stain, it’s the table that nearly went over




The sturdy stand that’ll put up with a lot of rough treatment is not the only thing that I love about this case. The aesthetics are pretty funky too. My absolute favourite colour is bright green and you’ve guessed it, I’ve got the lime green one, but if that’s not your colour then are a six other colours to choose from. Each colour has it own unique embossed pattern, which looks great and provides the case with a high level of tactile grip. There’s something very luxurious about the feel of this case in your hands that really does give you a sense of quality and money well spent. The Slim-Y+’s rubberised coating is smooth and silky to the touch, while the embossed pattern let you know that this level of comfort doesn’t come at the price of the case and your precious iPad just slipping out of your hand.



I admit it, I’m a bit of a Draw Something addict, and the included stylus is just what I need to feed my addiction. It slides into the back on the case so that it’s always on hand whenever I get any artist urges. It’s easy to use and the iPad 2’s screen responds well to it, adding even more to the fun element that the Ozaki Slim-Y+ provides.

All I can say is that the Ozaki Slim-Y+ New iPad case is one well thought through and executed piece of kit. Don’t just take my word for it, try the Ozaki Slim-Y+ case for yourself and find out just how great it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
| - |